Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 May 2015

City Color Cosmetics: Be Matte Lipsticks

Hello Bellezas!

I'm here to share a couple (literally), Be Matte Lipsticks from the brand City Color. I only have these two to start with but after my experience with these, I'm certainly looking forward to trying more. The shades I picked up are Queenii and Kelly. Hope you enjoy the swatches and pics.

First up, Queenii:

Swatched alone.
Soft Flash, Flash & No Flash.
Swatched over Jordana Lipliner in Sexy Mauve and Lined with L.A.Girl Lipliner in Deepest Purple.

Next up is Kelly:

Swatched alone.
Soft Flash & No Flash.

Swatched over L.A.Colors Lipliner in Natural and Lined with Jordana Lipliner in Cocoa.

And just for reference, I compared it to Wet n Wild's Megalast Lipstick in 'Spiked with Rum'.
Soft Flash, Flash & No Flash
They're both in the earth tone, terracotta, brick nude colour family but the Wet n Wild is more creamy and full coverage. The City Color is also a bit more Coral than Wet n Wild.

I wore Kelly out the other day for a makeup appointment and it lasted well until I ate. Also too, my lips aren't completely smooth; I have the little lines, and it did separate into them a bit. Texture-wise they are definitely matte, not as matte as MAC's Retro Matte formula, but it does tug at the lip a little during application. With that said, I love the formula and would definitely seek out more.

I got mine at Wonderful World Trinidad for TT$15.

Adjucation,
8.9/10.

Stay safe & God Bless Hermosas!
xOXo
Loli

No comments:

Post a Comment